Tools & Materials
Now I've finished I'm in a position to compile a list of the tools and materials I used. During the build it was
a case of hunting around for suitable things I had lying around or buying things I knew I would need. Fortunately,
unlike most of my household DIY projects, I didn't have to buy any extra tools. In fact, I used surprisingly few.
- Hot Melt Glue Gun (the single most important one - I used it constantly)
- Junior Hacksaw
- Hobby Drill (Dremmel)
- Craft Knife
- Sewing Machine
- 2 Plastic Bottles
- 4 Felt Pens
- Florist's Oasis Block (£0.40)
- 1 Instant Noodle Pot
- 1 Dustbin (Trash Can) Liner
- 3m Calico (£6.60)
- 1m Brown Leatherette (in fact I needed considerably less) (£4.99)
- Hook & Loop Fastener (Velcro) (£0.69)
- Elastic (£0.49)
- 2 Aerosol Lids
- Drinking Straws
- Black & Silver Spray Paint (£5.58)
- Poster Paint
- 1.5m Length 15mm Plastic Pipe (£1.39)
- 1 Small Plastic Food Container (£0.33)
- 1 Novelty Plastic Trident (£0.24)
As you can see, the materials set me back a little over £20 (about $40). Anything that doesn't have a price was lying around the house.
How long did it take? I dread to think. I worked on
it on and off, an hour or two here and there, over a period of about two months. However, there was a fair bit of trial and error.
I guess to follow through the exact procedure would probably take 12-18 hours. This is a theory I may test out, as the finished product is
so cool I wish it fit me! Plus, there's a few things I think I would do slightly differently with hindsight.
<<< Back Home | Mask >>>